Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Beginnings

As we ring in a new year I feel that I should finally start posting again. Due to my lack of time, organization, and overall lack of interest, I stopped posting online and focused instead on directing my complaints to certain people. Now I have an urge again to talk openly with those of the online world. Whoever you may be, as I am not sure if anyone looks at this page anymore. But new year, new beginnings, new blog.... it's just time to start this up again.

It is in fact January 1st and a new year sits before us. I am completely curious as to what is going to happen in the 365 days of 2009. The last couple of years have been very active and full of emotions, gains, losses, and knowledge.

2007 was what I considered a year of loss. I lost yet another home, a bad relationship that was in desperate need of an end, and many friends who I miss as some were like family. I lost several lives with the passing of my wonderful great-grandmother and some close family friends. And of course the loss of my VW, whose current owner has finally sent it to the scrap yard. I also lost trust and faith in many things, including myself. I was unsure of who I was and what exactly I was doing with my life. There of course were gains, such as my current wonderful boyfriend and finding out who I was again, but I found 2007 to be more of loss and letting go.

2008 was a year of gains. I gained a new car, a new house with mortgage payments (not rent, big yay!), new friends, new appreciation for myself and where I am in life. And I managed to get out of the debt that my past relationship and so-called friends left me in. Of course that led to more material items and focusing on my wellbeing. It's great being in the black (which is not true at this moment due to Christmas and some major purchases, but give it a few weeks :). Sadly the year ended with a loss, and my great condolences to the family. But overall it was a renewing year.

So bring on 2009! Let's see what you've got in store for me this year!

Oh, and I will be playing around with the layout for a bit until I am satisfied, so the name and look may change often.

1 comments:

mopar_man said...

I still read but it's very infrequently (as in, maybe once a month I check my bookmarked blogs).